Thursday 17 September 2009

Now they are just giving it away

You may remember that a short while back I was offered the sum of $19million - half of the estate of an oil magnate with my surname who had unfortunately died in a car accident wiping out all members of his immediate family.

I have received comments against this blog post from other far flung relatives of mine (obviously we all have to be related otherwise why would they be contacted?) who have googled the solicitor's name and address.

Today I received another email offering me the sum of $35.7 million left by a Diamond Industrialist called Omar Bin Abd Al-Aziz.

I am confused. Omar Bin Abd Al-Aziz was an Umayyed Caliph according to Wikipedia, who ruled from 717 to 720 AD. Why did it take so long for his request to reach this 'ex-Attourney'? This is certainly a slow process - it's taken nearly 1200 years. And Wikipedia mentions nothing about diamonds either. Although I am sure being a Caliph, he probably had some.

One thing I do know - my date of birth is certainly NOT 16 Sep 2009.... and even if it was, I still wouldn't have fallen for this awful mix up of a letter.. see below.


Robert Jean
> 3 Oxford St
> Whitstable, CT5 1DB
>
> Your Kind Attention
>
> I have just discovered your email contact on my email review this morning and do wish to engage your expertize in a discrete investment initiative.
>
> I'm Robert Jean a retired Attorney and Real Estate Practitioner currently sequestered here in uk.... i'm in my late 60's. Few weeks back, European Bank Authorities notified me via a confidential letter, of a long awaited permission & approval to finally access private funds of amou nt - US$35.7M lodged in an Asset Management Company account(earlier denied access) under the Instruction of the Bank which will be disclosed to you upon your response. Quoted fund belongs to my late client Omar bin Abd al-Aziz... notable high-networth raw Diamond industrialist from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
>
> Omar's last wish before his demise was to invest these funds substantially in Real Estate development in Las Vegas & Florida... including purchase of private islands for sale in the Caribbean . Under mutually beneficial terms with you, I’m prepared to authorize Bank to release the US$35.7m into your lawful custody for long term investment, moreso if you're duly recognised and actively involved in real estate through International Living & Sovereign Society.
>
> On acceptance and receipt of your response, you’ll be directly linked with the Asset Management Company, who’ll approve and authorize release of the investment funds to you.
>
> I await your response.
>
> Cordially,
>
> Robert Jean H.

2 comments:

  1. Who falls for this kind of rubbish. I assume someone is still falling for it otherwise there would be no point in sending the stuff out. Sometimes I am almost tempted to get back in touch with them just to discover what the next stage of the process is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a shame. so much money and you threw it into the garbage.

    on the brighter side, i think he was my relative as well :)

    wishing you a splendid new year.

    ReplyDelete