Tuesday 24 March 2009

Stop me if you've heard this....

A dog walks in to a hardware store and asks the man behind the counter: "You got any jobs?"
The assistant's jaw drops open at the sight of this talking dog and stammers "Have you tried the circus?"
And the dog replies: "Why, do they need plumbers?"

******
For some strange reason, this joke tickles my funny bone, every time. It also brings back happy memories from when I first heard it, and tried to repeat it to a colleague at work. I was laughing so hard that by the time I squeaked out the punchline he was already crying tears of laughter, and the small crowd that had gathered were giggling even though they had no idea what the joke was about.

Ah, laughter. The best medicine. I have a strange sense of humour sometimes and my favourite jokes involve a play on words, like:

Q: What's orange and sounds like a parrot?
A: A carrot.

And:

Q: How do you make a bear cross?
A: Nail two bears together.

And:

A vet finishes examining a rottweiler, turns to the owner and says
"I'm so sorry, I'm going to have to put your dog down."
The owner asks: "Why? Because he is so sick?"
And the vet replies: "No, because he's heavy".

Sometimes my humour misses the mark though, like the other day when a friend of mine was commenting that she wasn't keen on networking in a particular room, because it was too dark and I instantly responded with "Who said that?" which then led to ten minutes of me repeating the statement and my friend looking blank-faced and saying "I'm still not getting you..."

Ah, it's the way I tell 'em...

No comments:

Post a Comment